Answer these questions honestly for yourself.
- Have you ever told yourself “he/she is mature for his/her age” or something similar to make yourself feel better about your sexual thoughts or behaviours toward children or underage teenagers?
- Have you ever wanted to stop fantasising about or touching children or underage teenagers in a sexual way, or looking at child pornography, but did it again?
- Do you find that romantic/sexual fantasies about, or sexual behaviour towards, children or underage teenagers interfere with your relationships at home or work?
- Does your sexual attraction to children or underage teenagers conflict with your spiritual beliefs or moral values?
- Has your sexual attraction to children or underage teenagers ever left you feeling worried, frightened, ashamed, hopeless, alienated from others or suicidal?
- Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you were not sexually attracted to children or underage teenagers?
Did you answer YES to more than one question? If so, we urge you to call the Stop it Now! freephone confidential helpline on 0808 1000 900 or email email@example.com for advice, support and information. Please bear in mind there will be a delay in response to the email service, for an immediate response please call our confidential Helpline - 0808 1000 900.
We also encourage you to look at our Get Help website, a self-help tool with a huge range of online resources, advice and support that will help you stop looking at indecent images of children. You will not be asked for any details that may identify you, and the website is completely anonymous.
Our telephone Helpline offers a confidential service for people seeking advice and support. This means that when contacting us you do not have to give any identifying information such as address, telephone number or last name.
However, if you do give us identifying information and we are concerned that a child is at risk or a criminal offence has been committed which the police may not be aware of, we will have to pass on that information to the appropriate agencies.
We also offer a confidential e-mail service, firstname.lastname@example.org, on which you can contact us. Your e-mail address will not be displayed. Due to high demand for this service, we are unfortunately unable to offer an immediate response to your enquiry. We aim to respond to all emails within 3-5 working days but if your enquiry is urgent please call the confidential Helpline 0808 1000 900.