Stop it Now! Northern Ireland
Stop it Now! Northern Ireland has an active Steering Group representing the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors. All Steering Group partners are committed to safeguarding children.
Until March 31, 2009 funding for a part-time co-ordinator had been provided by the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety and the Northern Ireland Office. This funding has now ended and the steering group is actively trying to re-establish a funded project.
Stop it Now! Northern Ireland aims to maintain its profile and to continue its work by working towards five key action points which are in line with the Theory of Change Model laid out in January 2009.
The actions are:
- to ensure a collaborative, committed and engaged Steering Group
- that the Steering Group will source short, medium and long term financial sustainability
- the Steering Group will continue to influence strategically
- Stop it Now! Northern Ireland information and material will conitune to be made availabe to the public
- the Steering Group will continue involvement in community engagement.
To date Stop it Now! Northern Ireland has successfully engaged with local communities around the issue of child sexual abuse prevention and staff have disseminated information material. Even though there is currently no funding for the co-ordinator's post, the Steering Group as a collaboration plans to continue this important work.
If you are from a community group and you would like to participate in awareness raising please contact Anna Lord on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in receiving Stop it Now! leaflets please contact:
PPANI Strategy and Administration
151 Belfast Road