Get the facts
Before working through this whole guide, you might find it helps you to remind yourself of what you hope to get out of it.
This and all of your work in this guide is completely confidential and personal to you.
You can write down these questions on a blank piece of paper and answer them underneath, so that you have control over your own work.
Answer these questions thoughtfully and honestly.
- Who are you?
- What is your situation in life right now?
- How do you feel about this situation?
- What is good about your life?
- What worries you in your life?
- What led you to use this website?
- What do you hope to get out of it?
Once you have answered the questions, put them away somewhere safe where only you can get to them. You might find it useful to look back at your answers when you are close to completing the self-help guide, and see whether anything has changed.
What will I get from this section?
In this section you can gain a good understanding of the following:
- some of the terms used when referring to sexual interests, including paraphilias and paedophilia
- whether paraphilias can be treated
- whether it is possible to change sexual thoughts
- what treatment involves
- whether treatment is needed for people who have not offended
- whether it is illegal to be a paedophile