Have you been sexually harmed or abused?
Do you need help?
If you suffered abuse as a child or you are a young person currently suffering abuse, help is available.
- Children and young people needing help can phone Childline on 0800 11 11 or visit www.childline.org.uk
- Adults needing advice can phone The Survivors Trust on 01788 550554 (email@example.com) or visit The Survivors Trust website
- The National Association for People Abused in Childhood's helpline is: 0800 085 3330 or visit napac website
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy provides a list of counsellors, psychotherapists and professional bodies offering therapy. Visit the bacp webiste
- Lifecentre is a UK based charity that supports survivors of rape & sexual abuse. It offers a national helpline and a counselling team based in Sussex, England. Visit Lifecentre for more information.
- The Blast project is a the UK's leading male only sexual exploitation project supporting and advocating for boys and young men. They deliver 1.1 emotional and practical support, group work in educational settings, and training and support for professionals. They also offer an anonymous reporting mechanism on their website for anyone concerned about a boy being sexually exploited (see http://mesmac.co.uk/report-now) in addition to online and phone support. Face to face is available in Leeds and Bradford and other services are available nationally. More information is available on their website.
Many people suffer the effects of child sexual abuse in silence and never tell anyone about it during childhood. Many keep their abuse secret forever. Sadly, the impact of abuse may strike at any time and it is important that help is available when people need it.
One in six children suffer some form of sexual abuse before the age of 16 and more than 80% of those who are sexually abused know their abusers and often have an emotional closeness to and dependency on them which makes it difficult to tell.
Some feel guilty and responsible for what happened and think they should have stopped it. Abuse is NEVER the fault of the child victim.
Call the Stop it Now! Freephone, anonymous and confidential helpline on 0808 1000 900 for advice, support and information.
You can message the helpline using our secure messaging service by clicking here. Our messaging service is not able to offer an immediate response due to high demand. We aim to respond to all emails within 5-7 working days. If your enquiry is urgent, please call the confidential helpline.
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today