Need someone to talk to?
Call our confidential helpline or send us an anonymous message.Find out more
Stop It Now provides confidential advice and support for anyone who wants to help prevent child sexual abuse. Find out more about our:
- online self-help for people worried about their own sexual thoughts, feelings, or behaviour towards children
- anonymous helpline, live chat, and secure email
Our deterrence campaign aims to prevent people from viewing and sharing sexual images of children online and having online sexual conversations with under-16s online. Both of these crimes are online child sexual abuse.
- raises awareness of the growing problem of online child sexual abuse
- explains the law and that viewing indecent images of children or engaging in sexual communications with under-16s, are serious crimes
- highlights the real harm caused to children
- drives home the personal and legal consequences for offenders and their families, including possible arrest, imprisonment, break up of family, and being put on the sex offenders register
- directs people concerned about their own or someone else’s online behaviour to confidential and anonymous help to stop.
The campaign has been running since 2015 with the support of the Home Office, police forces, other law enforcement agencies, local authorities and NHS partners, amongst others. With our partners across the UK we raise awareness of the consequences of offending and the confidential support we offer to help stop. To best reach people worried about their own or someone else’s online sexual behaviour, we work with partner organisations to plan bespoke campaigns to meet the individual needs of the area. Through press engagement, workforce webinars, social media and print advertising, we help adults know what they can do to help keep children safe.
Evaluation shows that the campaign brings unarrested offenders to our services and that they report positive changes in attitude and behaviour, including stopping risky and illegal behaviour.
If you would like to find out how to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.