Need someone to talk to?
Call our confidential helpline or send us an anonymous message.Find out more
Stop It Now! offers confidential advice, support and information for people concerned about child sexual abuse and its prevention.
Find out how we can help you if you’re worried about your own online behaviour.
Find out how we can help you if you’re worried about someone else’s online behaviour.
Our confidential and anonymous Stop It Now! helpline can also give you support.
Our indecent images of children (IIOC) deterrence campaign aims to tackle online viewing and sharing of sexual images of children.
The campaign does this by:
- raising public awareness of the growing problem of people viewing and sharing sexually explicit images of under 18s online.
- clarifying the law which states that viewing sexual images of anyone under 18 is a serious crime, and the high level of police activity.
- highlighting the real harm caused to the children who appear in these images.
- drive home the consequences of their behaviour to offenders – including possible arrest, imprisonment, break up of family and being put on the sex offenders register.
- directing people who look at such images to confidential and anonymous help to stop.
The campaign has been running since 2015 with the support of the Home Office, police forces and NHS partners, amongst others.
We’ve also partnered with Police Scotland to deliver a deterrence campaign aiming to tackle the online grooming of children.