Need someone to talk to?
Call our confidential helpline or send us an anonymous message.Find out more
Stop It Now! UK and Ireland provides confidential advice and support for anyone who wants to help prevent child sexual abuse. Find out more about our:
- online self-help for people worried about their own sexual thoughts, feelings, or behaviour towards children
- anonymous helpline, live chat, and secure email
Our deterrence campaign aims to prevent people from viewing and sharing sexual images of children online and having online sexual conversations with under-16s online. Both of these crimes are online child sexual abuse.
- raises awareness of the growing problem of online child sexual abuse
- explains the law and that viewing indecent images of children or engaging in sexual communications with under 16s, are serious crimes
- highlights the real harm caused to children
- drives home the personal and legal consequences for offenders and their families, including possible arrest, imprisonment, break up of family, and being put on the sex offenders register
- directs people concerned about their own or someone else’s online behaviour to confidential and anonymous help to stop.
The campaign has been running since 2015 with the support of the Home Office, police forces, and NHS partners, amongst others.
We’ve also partnered with Police Scotland to deliver a deterrence campaign aiming to tackle the online grooming of children.
If you would be interested in getting involved with our deterrence campaign or finding out more about running your own campaign, please contact email@example.com.