How can we help?
Stop It Now! Scotland work to prevent child abuse happening in Scotland whether that is online or in person. We work with people who have committed offences against children or are having thoughts about doing so.
Our office is open 9 – 5pm Monday to Friday and offers free confidential and anonymous advice (via 0131 556 3535) where you can talk to someone about your thoughts and behaviours. There is no judgment – we speak to thousands of people every year and help them take action to protect children and young people. There is also our UK based helpline available on 0808 1000 900 that is open 9am – 9pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 5pm on Fridays.
There is also online help available. Our Stop it Now! Get Help website offers a wide range of information and advice, as well as online self-help tools and resources. These will help you to understand your behaviour, what triggers it and what you can do to stop. There will be specific modules around grooming available from late March 2019.
We also run groupwork sessions called Inform Plus and Breaking the Links from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Find out more about our groupwork here.
We offer specific support for family members of offenders through our Inform programme. This is a 6 week psycho-educational programme for family members of those under investigation for on-line offences. The aim is to help people make some sense of recent events relating to their loved one's behaviour and to build knowledge and confidence in relation to the next steps you and your loved one need to take.
WHAT IF YOU’RE WORRIED ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE’S BEHAVIOUR
Our office (0131 5563535) can help you explore your concerns and provide practical steps you can take to keep children safe. Get Help is a self-help website with a range of online resources, advice and support aimed at people who know someone with inappropriate or illegal online behaviour.Stop It Now! Scotland offers a wide range of Services to the public and professionals.
We also help by.....
- We help adults and communities throughout Scotland in prevention of child sexual abuse via our Upstream Project.
- We offer confidential help and advice for those affected by arrest for internet offences; individuals and family members.
- We provide a range of group-work programmes and one to one interventions for people concerned about their thoughts or behaviours towards children.
- We support those concerned about the online or offline behaviour of a loved one that may be sexually abusive in nature.
- We give advice and guidance to those who have concerns about the behaviour of a child or young person, including internet use.
- We assist professionals in the criminal justice, health care and children settings looking for advice and support.
- We provide bespoke training on all aspects of child protection, risk management and sexual offending. We provide input on child sexual abuse preventions
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today