Lucy Faithfull Foundation Scotland
Need someone to talk to?
Call our confidential helpline or send us an anonymous message.Find out more
Lucy Faithfull Foundation Scotland (previously called Stop It Now! Scotland) provides support services to prevent and stop child sexual abuse that are tailored for Scotland.
Services in Scotland
Lucy Faithfull Foundation Scotland provides:
- Confidential help and advice available to all concerned about child sex abuse.
- 1-1 intervention support and group work for
- adults who are at risk of sexual offending, including those who are under investigation for online offences,
- families and friends of people who are at risk of sexual offending or have been arrested for online offences,
- children and young people (under the age of 18) who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour or have been arrested for online sexual offences.
- Advice, training and guidance for parents and carers, communities, and professionals in children’s services and criminal justice settings.
- Deterrence campaigning and advocacy work in Scotland focused on preventing abuse before it happens.
- Expert consultation, assessments and intervention for children who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour; adults who have, or who are alleged to have, committed a sexual offence against a child; and protective adults, including parents and carers.
All its group work programmes are free of charge.
The team is based in Edinburgh and is led by Stuart Allardyce.
Year in review 2021/22
Click here to read our year in review.
As a child sexual abuse prevention charity, we aim to take a rights-based approach to all aspects of our work by upholding and promoting the rights of all children as set out in the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
As part of our commitment to the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014, all our staff have completed the Scottish Government’s Child Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (CRWIA) training.