Helping parents and carers
Need someone to talk to?
Call our confidential helpline or send us an anonymous message.Find out more
Working together to prevent child sexual abuse
We work with parents and carers to protect all children from sexual abuse.
We also offer child sexual abuse prevention courses to children’s centres, parents’ networks, schools and other agencies. Contact the team if you are interested in finding out more.
Find a project to help you
We run a number of projects in Wales designed specifically for parents and carers and for the wider public, including schools and children’s centres, to build their understanding of child sexual abuse.
Conwy Borough country Families First project
Conwy Borough County Families First has funded us to deliver protective sessions for families and professionals. We are keen to build on our strong local links in Conwy to help more families in the area.
- Organisations in Conwy who would like to book a session can download our English Conwy flyer (pdf) or the Welsh Conwy Flyer (pdf).
Parents Protect learning programme
This 12-part child sexual abuse learning programme aims to answer questions and give adults the information, advice and support to help them:
- understand potential risks
- recognise the warnings signs of abuse in children and adults
- build the confidence to prevent abuse
- realise why children don’t talk about abuse
- know where they can go for support if they have concerns
The programme is available in both English and Welsh.
Early Intervention Project
We provide two types of early intervention for vulnerable or at-risk families in Wales. This work is funded by the Welsh Government. One for small groups of parents and the second for vulnerable or at-risk families.